Life Groups – Life is better Together
Why Life Groups?
The church is most the body of Christ when it gathers in small groups of Christ-followers who encourage and strengthen each other. This has been true from the very beginning of Christianity. The very first account of what the early Christ followers did is recorded in Acts 2:46-47:
They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity—all while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day, the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved.
Put in today’s terms, they talked about spiritual things, they loved on each other, they had a meal together and they prayed. They did life together!
Jesus lived life in a life group with his disciples. The 12 disciples journeyed with him, ate with him, went to the local synagogues with him, and learned from him. Jesus has set a very solid example for us to follow.
Spring 2019 Life Groups Now Underway
Life groups fall into four areas:
- Study: The emphasis of these groups is on studying the Bible and prayer
- Fellowship: The emphasis of these groups is to have people connect around life, such as a dinner gathering, planned outings, or family days.
- Activity: Such groups connect through activity, such as outdoor excursions, prayer groups or being on a worship team, and may be larger than other life groups.
- Service: These groups are built around volunteerism in the community.
Life groups will run through April on the designated day of the week unless otherwise noted. For additional information, contact Pastor Joni.
*If you cannot afford a required book for a class, please talk to Pastor Joni. It is important to us that nothing should stop you from participating in a life group.
- NextGen/Kids Sunday School, Sundays at 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m., Children’s Wing.
- NextGen/Youth Sunday School, Sundays at 9:30 a.m., West Wing Youth Room.
- Young Marrieds, Sundays at 9:30 a.m., Pastor Nichole’s Office.
- Adult Sunday School, Sundays at 9:30 a.m., West Wing Room 203.
- Ladies Sunday School, Sundays at 9:30 a.m., Church Library (Studying “Ten Women of the Bible” by Max Lucado; book is required and costs ~$12).
- Chronic Pain Support Group, 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month at 9:30 a.m., Pastor Craig’s Office.
- Ladies Bible Study, Mondays at 6:30 p.m., West Wing Room 203. Contact Cathy at 425-314-4427 to get a copy of the study book, “Living Free: Learning to Pray God’s Word” by Beth Moore).
- Women’s Bible Study, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., West Wing Room 203. Current study is “The Real God: How He Longs to See You” and book is required.
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), 2nd and 4th Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to noon, Church.
- Gamblers Anonymous Support Group, Tuesdays at 6 p.m., West Wing Room 203.
- Wings and Prayers, First Tuesday of each month from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. This is an inter-generational group gathered to take steps, with God’s guidance, on how to bring prayer into all the groups and activities within Generations Community Church. Meets at the home of Frank and Tami Monkman; call for details at 425-238-0726.
- Men’s Breakfast, Wednesdays at 8:30 a.m., Church Multipurpose Room.
- Salvation Army Feeding the Homeless, 3rd Wednesday of the month from 4:30-6 p.m.; meet at the Salvation Army, 7227 44th Ave. NE in Marysville. Contact Cristina Badger for details at 425-232-7823.
- Sermon Note Study, Wednesdays at 6 p.m., home of Doug & Connie Martin. Call 360-925-6862 for details.
- NextGen/Kids Family Nights (birth – Grade 5), Wednesdays at 6:30-8 p.m., Children’s Wing.
- NextGen/Teens Family Nights (Grades 6-12), Wednesdays at 6:30-8 p.m., West Wing Youth Room.
- Parenting Classes (Parents of kids of any age), Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m., Children’s Wing 4th and 5th Grade Classroom. This class will use the Orange curriculum. Different topics will be addressed. See the bulletin for specific starting dates and topics of each session.
- Foundations of Biblical Interpretation, Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m., Multipurpose Room.
- Adult Bible Study, Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m., West Wing Room 203.
- Prayer Group, Thursdays at 9 a.m., Church Sanctuary
- Joyful Saints, 2nd Thursdays at noon, Church Multipurpose Room
- Sermon Note Study, Fridays at 10 a.m., home of Bonnie and Charlie Cox in Snohomish; contact Bonnie Cox for details at 425-786-3080; space is limited.
- Monthly Hikes, Fourth Saturdays at 9 a.m. Meet at the Church to carpool to hike location. Join others for easy hikes/walks nearby. The schedule is as follows: March 30: Ebey Island; and April 27: Deception Pass. Hikes are led by Doug Kohl. Childcare is not provided. However, hikes are friendly for people of all ages. Children under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult. For additional information, reach Doug at 425-737-1911.
- Cooking for Christ, First Saturdays from 10 a.m. to noon, Church Kitchen. This group meets once per month on March 2 and April 6. It will help people of all ages build their cooking skills. Working together, we will cover cooking basics, as well as food preparation for groups of all sizes. Contact Anne Perkins for details at 360-651-0812.
- 784 Monthly Dinners (Young Adults). Contact Pastor Nichole for details at 208-936-8358.
- Handiwork Life Group led by Robert Miner. Call 425-315-6497 for details. This spring, a big focus will be on installing new toilets throughout the church.
- Jetsetters (Adults). Upcoming activities this spring include: Feb 2: Underground Seattle ($22 / $20 seniors); March 23: Taproot; and April 12:; Game night and potluck. See bulletin for details.
- Joyful Saints (Senior Adults), Varies. See bulletin for details.
- Women’s Ministry, coordinated by Pastor Ashley. Join the women of the church in a quarterly activity. Details to be shared in the bulletin. Planned events during this life groups session include: March: Retreat; $60-$76 per person; details coming. April 16: Ceramics; will be held offsite. See bulletin for details.
- Worship Team Life Group, Serves on Sundays at 9:30 and 11 a.m.; practice and fellowship varies. Contact Carl Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to Start a Life Group?
Contact Pastor Joni