Life Groups – Life is better Together
Why Life Groups?
The church is most the body of Christ when it gathers in small groups of Christ-followers who encourage and strengthen each other. This has been true from the very beginning of Christianity. The very first account of what the early Christ followers did is recorded in Acts 2:46-47:
They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity—all while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day, the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved.
Put in today’s terms, they talked about spiritual things, they loved on each other, they had a meal together and they prayed. They did life together!
Jesus lived life in a life group with his disciples. The 12 disciples journeyed with him, ate with him, went to the local synagogues with him, and learned from him. Jesus has set a very solid example for us to follow.
Sign Up NOW for Fall 2018 Life Groups
Life groups fall into four areas:
- Study: The emphasis of these groups is on studying the Bible and prayer
- Fellowship: The emphasis of these groups is to have people connect around life, such as a dinner gathering, planned outings, or family days.
- Activity: Such groups connect through activity, such as outdoor excursions, prayer groups or being on a worship team, and may be larger than other life groups.
- Service: These groups are built around volunteerism in the community.
Current groups are listed below. Consider which group(s) might work for you and sign up on a connection card in the bulletin by the end of September. Life groups will begin the first week of October on the designated day of the week. For additional information, contact Pastor Joni.
- NextGen/Kids Sunday School, Sundays at 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m., Children’s Wing
- NextGen/Youth Sunday School, Sundays at 9:30 a.m., West Wing Youth Room
- 784/Young Adult Sunday School, Sundays at 11 a.m., Pastor Nichole’s Office
- Young Marrieds, Sundays at 9:30 a.m., Multipurpose Room
- Adult Sunday School, Sundays at 9:30 a.m., West Wing Room 203
- Ladies Sunday School, Sundays at 9:30 a.m., Church Library
- Chronic Pain Support Group, 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month at 9:30 a.m., Pastor Craig’s Office
- “What is the Bible?”, Sundays at 1:30 p.m. Offsite. Times are subject to change; call Kathy at 360-653-8101 or Todd at 425-346-6919 for details.
- Feeding the Homeless, 4th Sundays at 2 p.m.; meet at Reset Church, 1410 8th St. in Marysville. Contact Cristina Badger for details at 425-232-7823.
- NextGen/Youth Group, Sundays at 6:30-8 p.m., Church West Wing (grades 9-12)
- Ladies Bible Study, Mondays at 6:30 p.m., West Wing Room 203. Contact Cathy at 425-314-4427 to get a copy of the study book, “40 Days to a Powerful Prayer Life.”
- Bible Basics, Mondays at 6:30 p.m., Church Library
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), 2nd and 4th Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to noon, Church
- Women’s Bible Study, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., West Wing Room 203. Current study is “The Real God: How He Longs to See You” and book is required.
- Gamblers Anonymous Support Group, Tuesdays at 6 p.m., West Wing Room 203.
- Men’s Breakfast, Wednesdays at 8:30 a.m., Church Multipurpose Room
- Salvation Army Feeding the Homeless, 3rd Wednesday of the month from 4:30-6 p.m.; meet at the Salvation Army, 7227 44th Ave. NE in Marysville. Contact Cristina Badger for details at 425-232-7823.
- Sermon Note Study, Wednesdays at 6 p.m., home of Doug & Connie Martin. Call 360-925-6862 for details.
- NextGen/Kids Family Nights (birth – Grade 5), Wednesdays at 6:30-8 p.m., Children’s Wing
- NextGen Family Nights (Grades 6-8), Wednesdays 6:30-8 p.m., West Wing Youth Room
- Parenting with Love & Logic, Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m., Multipurpose Room
- Adult Bible Study, Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m., West Wing Room 203
- Prayer Group, Thursdays at 9 a.m., Church Sanctuary
- Joyful Saints, 2nd Thursdays at noon, Church Multipurpose Room
- “Reflecting God” Study, Thursdays at 7 p.m., home of Debbie Edgbert in Lake Stevens. Call Pastor Joni for details at 206-992-6458.
- Sermon Note Study, Fridays at 10 a.m., home of Bonnie and Charlie Cox in Snohomish; contact Bonnie Cox for details at 425-786-3080; space is lmited.
- 784 Monthly Dinners (Young Adults). Contact Pastor Nichole for details at 208-936-8358.
- Cold Weather Shelter (evening and overnight), led Mike Craig. Call 425-335-4853 for details.
- Handiwork Life Group led by Robert Miner. Call 425-315-6497 for details.
- Jetsetters (Adults), Varies. See bulletin for details.
- Joyful Saints (Senior Adults), Varies. See bulletin for details.
- Women’s Ministry, coordinated by Pastor Ashley. See bulletin for details.
- Worship Team Life Group, Serves on Sundays at 9:30 and 11 a.m.; practice and fellowship varies. Contact Kari Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to Start a Life Group?
Contact Pastor Joni
Read the Life Group Leader Overview July 2018
Fill out the Life Group Leader Application
Fill out the Life Group Leader Covenant