Our Plan To Return To Worship
Assumptions for all Phases
- Social Distancing will still be required through all stages and potentially beyond.
- We will follow all medically recommended (CDC) precautions.
- We will follow the phased guidelines laid out by our governor.
- The plan will be appropriately modified to fit any changes in the phases or new directives.
- The unstructured and family nature of Sunday Morning Worship gatherings will create unique challenges.
- We are committed to being a learning organization.
- We understand that some will not feel comfortable returning until much later.
- Be Gumbi – stay flexible!
Phase 1 (Current)
- All Activities in the building cancelled.
- Worship Service online only.
- Continue to facilitate connection and organizational meetings via video conferencing.
Phase 2 (June?) Gatherings of no more than 5 people outside your family per week
- Some small Life Groups can begin meeting.
- Worship team live on Sunday’s
- Parking Lot worship with Wi-fi.
Phase 3 (July?) Gatherings of no more than 50 with physical distancing
- Gatherings of not more than 50 may resume.
- All Life Groups may resume.
- Medium size groups can resume activities. (Jetsetters, Sr. Adults, Youth Group, etc)
- Encourage all life groups and medium sized groups to gather for offsite worship Live Stream worship.
- Church Office opens.
- In person organizational meetings may resume.
Phase 4 (late July or early August?) Gatherings of more than 50 with physical distancing
- Resume normal Worship with social distancing.
- Appropriate social distancing measures and reminders will be in place.
- Multiple services in order to maintain Social Distancing. (8 am Traditional, 9:30 and 11:00 Contemporary.)
- Gloved ushers hand people self-contained communion as they come into the Worship Center
- Offering Boxes at the back of the Worship Center will replace passing the offering plates.
- High touch surfaces cleaned between services.
- Alternate pews will be roped off.
- Internal doors will be propped open to avoid touching.
- Gloved Ushers/Greeters for opening and closing external doors when it’s cold.
- Social Distancing Signage.
- Free Coffee bar.
- Gloved volunteers to serve.
- Sneeze guard
- Latte Stand
- Extra Training
- Constant cleaning.
- Sneeze Guard
- Extra Bathroom Cleaning.
- Wipes and hand sanitizer everywhere.
- Children’s church will plan will be updated later.
- We may do a Family Services (Kids with parents) for a few weeks.
- No hand shaking
- Open external doors for people.
- No Bulletins. (slides and electronic downloads)
- All moveable seating will be reconfigured for Social Distancing.
Pastor Craig’s email: PastorCraig@GenerationsCommunity.org